Quilt for Charity

 

I really don’t have very much time to work on personal quilting projects because all of my time goes to pattern design and promoting my current patterns.


However, I’m a firm believer that you’ve still got to find time for the things in your life that you do for no other reason than because you enjoy them.


So…I’m taking a few minutes a day to work on things that are just fun (and not work).


I have just started making a quilt for an old hospital from the 1800’s located in Virginia City.  The caretakers are restoring it and I thought it would be nice to donate a quilt for one of the guest beds using Civil War era fabric.


Civil War fabric is NOT my thing so I thought this would be a good way to get out of my box at the same time! 


I wanted to use jelly roll strips and found this fun and easy pattern.


IMG_4287


I’m using two jelly rolls by Moda.  They’re called something like “Collection for a Cause”- don’t have one in front of me at the moment.  I wanted to make a twin but I think I’ll be just shy with the two rolls.  It’s probably not worth getting another roll so I’ll just add a border as needed.


You can see one jelly roll still rolled up in the corner.
IMG_4286


This quilt is all about making a LOT of strip sets, which is fine by me.  I just want some easy work that doesn’t require a lot of brain power!

IMG_4289

 


IMG_4290

Even though I’m not a Civil War fabric type of person…I’m still liking the strip sets!  Yeah!

 

1 comment:

  1. Those colors do look nice, don't they? I wouldn't normally choose those colors either, but I'll bet they are fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...